Wednesday, June 7, 2006

jana is 5 today...

.






Yes, I stand in awe. Today, she is 5 years old. And such a gift in my life. I am so thankful, thankful, thankful for her. She causes us to smile and laugh. She can say a thing just as it is. She has the ability to NEVER quit. She is full of life and love and excitement and endearment. She is just JANA.

Yesterday she told me which song she wanted us to sing to her and started of with {insert singing here} “a happy birthday to me a happy birthday to me…”. This morning while she was coming up the steps, she sang it again while jumping up and down. She just beamed. This is the best day of her life.

When I asked her a week or so ago what she would like for her birthday she threw her arms in the air and said… “Oh HUNDERDS of presents!!!” and then she started naming them. I was so reminded of this in our relationship with God that sometimes He asks us what we want and we are like um, well, I donno?! Where He wants us to say.. OH HUNDREDS of things! Because that is His heart towards us: Isa 30:18 And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]!

The reason why I am so quiet on this blog is because we are having a woman’s conference at our church that is such a blessing to me. I feel like when I am at the movies (you know, when it’s dark) and you see how much pop corn you can shove in you mouth… I just can’t get enough of the Word. I am eating it. I am drinking it. I am loving it. God is good and His plans for us are awesome. Jer 33:3 Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).

So, this is just a post to celebrate Jana with you all. Her name means GIFT from God and I will tell her this always: That is just what she is to Jaku and me.

Have a great day!!






4 comments :

me..... said...

Good morning my friend. Jana has an email from us for her birthday!. We needed your scriptures for us today.... Love you, E

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday sweet Jana! : )

Anonymous said...

Baie geluk met jou verjaarsdag Jana! Was jy hier by ons in Tzaneen het jy nog n persent gekry!!Dankie vir jou wonderlike blog Wilna, jy's een van die wonderlikste mense wat ek ken, lief jou! Zelda

... said...

I hope Jana had a wonderful blessed b/day. I will talk to you soon. Getting my fill of the Word and I totally know what you mean. It fills my soul and my life so beautifully. What a blessing!