Thursday, August 24, 2006

how to win by loosing...



Just a little happening that made me happy! HERE

then, my sister-in-love sent me this piece that made me laugh. thanks barbie!

A big city lawyer went duck hunting in rural Alabama. He shot and dropped a
bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As
the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his
tractor and asked him what he was doing.


The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field and now I
am going to retrieve it."


The old farmer replied, "This is my property, and you are not coming over
here."


The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the
United States and if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take
everything you own.


The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we settle
disputes in the country. We settle small disagreements like this with the
Three Kick Rule".


The lawyer asked, "What is the 'Three Kick Rule'?"


The Farmer replied, "Well, because the dispute occurs on my land, first I
kick you three times and then you kick me three times and so on back
and forth until someone gives up."


The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he
could easily take the old codger. After all, how hard could he kick, so, he
agreed to abide by the local custom.


The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the
attorney. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the
lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees. His second kick to the midriff
sent the lawyer's last meal gushing from his mouth. The lawyer was on all
fours when the farmer's third kick to his rear end sent him face-first into
a fresh cow pie.


The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get onto feet.
Wiping his face with the arm of his jacket, he said, "Okay, old man,..Now
it s my turn."


[I love this part....]


The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck.




heart and soul,

xxx

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Wilna!

Just trying to touch base at long last!
I've been MIA since April 'cause we relocated to Cape Town!!!
I'm finally unpacked,connected & ready to scrap :o)
Been trying to catch up on all the blog & message board news & the best news I've heard so far is that you are on the COVER of the HOF book - WoooHooo, how cool is that?!
I can't wait to lay my hands on a copy of that when it hit the shelves. You are going to have to come back home to do a book signing!

Will sit down & write you a nice nice long email soon :o)

Take Care.

Love
Candice
xxxx

Anonymous said...

hey wilna, love that story.LOL. i havent been by recently because of being away and for some reason bloglines doesnt update your blog? so i didnt know about all your very groovy posts. really enjoyed reading your blog. thanks for being such a blessing. :)

Anonymous said...

ha, ha, ha!! very very funny.. will have to foward it to Stephan Van Rensburg..
Love ya, YouRyna