Monday, March 3, 2008

JOY.

I have been thinking about this very much lately. You know, we will always have something in our life that irks us, something that creates that feeling of unease in the pit of our stomaches, something that when you dwell on it too much, will make us just plainly unhappy. There is always something we want to change about ourselves, about our life. We always want more with our relationships, friends and family. Sometimes we feel lonely, frustrated, maybe even sad and hurt. I know that I have felt all these things. (sorry for those who thought I am more than human! : ) BUT one thing that God has been speaking to my heart is that in all these things, I can choose my attitude. I can even have JOY! Joy to me it that knowledge that I am right with God. That for him, I don't have to perform, or do ANYTHING so that he can love me more. Plainly put, I am ok. Joy comes when I understand that God is my Strength, my personal bravery, my invincible army. Joy comes when I read in Matt 11 (and I have quoted it here many times) :28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. 30For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.
Joy comes knowing that every day I am getting a little closer to God. That I have the right and privilege to know him intimately. That all I have to do is say YES! Joy comes knowing that I don't have to fight all my battles by myself, but I can give everything to Him in prayer. Not funny words, but just by talking to him like you would with a good friend or a parent. Joy comes knowing that it's OK to even tell God you are really really mad at someone. Or really disappointed. Or afraid. Or anxious. God knows all these things anyway, we might as well be honest with Him.

Joy comes when you even remotely begin to understand HOW acceptable you are before Him. That Jesus paid the price so that God can look at you right now, and think: My dear child. You are the apple of my eye. I rejoice over you with singing, You are in my brag book. I want to tell the whole world you are mine. I am that proud of you. You see, joy comes when you see a glimpse of that... thinking its too good to be true. Yes, it's true. And it's THAT good.

Love
Wilna
x

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

Great Bloging, that's why I love you so Much... JJF.

MichelleJ said...

I think you are allowed to be human AND inspirational all at once. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

what a refreshment, from how the world sees us.
Tx, Wilna!

Just call me "B" said...

OH, Wilna. If you knew how bad I needed those words! thanks for sharing.

Juel said...

Wilna, Thank you, thank you for just sharing your heart.
Last Monday my brother ended his life. Eventhough this is a hard place to be, I can still feel God's peace, calmness and love. It is a nice reminder that God hands out His JOY freely! All I have to do is take it and rejoice.

Maryna said...

... X U

Anonymous said...

:-)

Paola said...

How beautiful! How is Lois doing? Is she receiving the cards??
Hope your day is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

thank you for today's post. how is lois?