Tuesday, September 1, 2009

my funny face!

["My funny face" page by Wilna Furstenberg. All products from www.designerdigitals.com. Credits: Papers: WilnaF (Semiotic series) Photo clusters: Katie Pertiet. Title: WilnaF Shadows: Katie Pertiet. Page edges: Lynn Grieveson (worn-page-edges) Font: WilnaStraight by WilnaF. Paint block: WilnaF.]

I made this (all digital) page a while ago for the Creative Therapy site. The challenge was: Take the time to create art around something you have been meaning to but haven’t done so yet. (Yes, this is an open topic. Go wild. Make it therapeutic.)
I have just (in my mind at least) started with digital scrapbooking and for the longest time I wanted to make background 'papers' from paintings I did years ago. So, for this page I took pictures of one painting and transformed it into a background paper. It was fun. + my gorgeous Kirstin child is just plain funny sometimes. and beautiful. and clever. man, that girl is clever.

This week is the second dentist week. It's The Doctor and my turn. Say a prayer. I did get a gold star the previous week... between the 3 girls, they only had one cavity. My brainwashing works: calling a lollipop cavity on a stick. Yep. they even quote me.



This week I am quoting from what Francois wrote: Read this and JUMP FOR JOY!
You qualify through what God has done in Christ to participate in every benefit of life as it was designed to be... and now in Christ again redeemed and revealed to be your life. Why would you disqualify yourself? You are represented!! your total wellbeing is God’s concern. the thief came to steal, kill and destroy... but Jesus came so that you may have life in its most complete expression! do not deceive yourself
only your unbelief can empower an already defeated lie to blind your understanding
to keep you from seeing the light of the Gospel which is the glory of God revealed in the face of Jesus Christ as in a mirror! 2 Corinthians 3:18 and 4:2-5

3 comments :

Chardee said...

HE spoke through you directly to me this afternoon. Thank you, Wilna. I really NEEDED that!! ;)
--Chardee

Just Call Me Grammy said...

Beatiful page and I love the encouraging words.
Terry

Jody said...

That page is gorgeous... love your "paper"!