Sunday, December 4, 2011

December Journal | Three

This day was all about home. It was cold outside... not in temperatures but in wind chill. I had a wonderful friend (and photographer) Dani over for coffee and coffeecake. Jaco was home in the morning doing some medical CME's and my girls worked in the schoolroom. (which reminds me that I have some tests to score). I added this blog post as journaling by printing it out.

There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein. Today was one of those ordinary miracles. I am having some time alone and are enjoying the solitude. Listening to Yo-yo Ma playing the Missions: Gabriel's Oboe. As beautiful as a thousand sunsets. 

Through the journey of documenting my Christmas, I have come to realize that I simply cannot do it every day. I need a break here and there for other important things and to not feel overwhelmed and resentful. So I decided to only document 19 days out of the 25. I added this little calender to my sidebar more for me than anyone else to remember which days I am documenting and which days I am taking a break. Today is one such day. I think I am going to say in and read the whole day!

Here's a few of the books I read this year and loved: (from my Kindle and actual library)
1. Steve Jobs. Probably Number one on my list. (✭✭✭✭✭)
2.The Hunger Games (i only read the first one. I had a feeling the others will bore me) (✭✭✭)
3. focus By Leo of zen habits. (✭✭✭)
4. Warrior Soul: The Memoir of a Navy SEAL (✭✭✭)
5. Black Hawk Down (✭✭✭✭✭)
6. Roberts Ridge (this is an amazing book if you are looking for a stocking stuffer for your husband) (✭✭✭✭✭)
7. SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper (✭✭✭✭✭) (ok, so I got into this genre of war stories and couldn't stop reading... Lone Survivor (✭✭✭✭✭) started it all...)
8. One Day (✭✭)
9. The fifth witness (excellent) (✭✭✭✭✭)
10. The Lincoln Lawyer (better than excellent) (✭✭✭✭✭)
11. The Reversal (✭✭✭)
12. The Brass verdict  (✭✭✭)(ok, so I got hooked on Mickey Haller... maybe because Matthew McConaughey is so cute! # 9, 10, 11 and 12 written by Michael Connelly)
13. THE HELP!!!!!!! (my second favorite book of the year) (✭✭✭✭✭)
   
I will see you again on Tuesday!

love and a kiss






Links:
December Daily 2010 | day three.
Ali Edward's Album.
www.wilnaf.com




7 comments :

Missscrap said...

I discover your blog, and I love your scrap. Your DD is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This is so elegant! I love it!

Geralyn said...

Your DD is beautiful Wilna!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photo!!! Good job reading your books:-)

http://www.stylesoftamaranicole.blogspot.com

Veronica said...

Love reading your blog as always. Beautiful photos and love your Christmas journal. Your booklist is great! I've read a few myself~ The Hunger Games (I read them all but I agree - first one was best one); The Lincoln Lawyer (coincidentally I watched the movie yesterday too! - a great read!); Also enjoyed The Fifth Witness. The Help - so good, I am looking forward to watching the movie sometime. Enjoy the snow!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Patricia Roebuck said...

So beautiful, Wilna. I love the photos and the journaling is so inspiring!