Monday, March 4, 2013

iheartblog: hey ho!

Happy Monday!
Today I want to show you a page I made for the March 2peas theme of #shapeupyourscrapbooking. You can see the page here, see more details and read who inspired the page :).  In the related product here (below) on my blog, I added a link to the Silhouette Cut files I used. I am so in love with roses right now.

This is a new month and I have been knee deep in admin the whole morning. I am weird like that, but when my admin is up to date, i feel much better. I love accounting but don't tell on me! My art class has been going very well and today i want to share an email I got from one of the students. She was kind enough to give me permission to share.

I recently undertook your art class workshop at two peas.  Firstly I wanted to thank you for such a fun and informative workshop.  It has got to be one of the most influential workshops I have taken to date.  I have been scrapping for three years now mostly making mini's, cards, tags and other altered items, however when it has come to layouts I have always been so overwhelmed by all the design rules, products and techniques that I have always been too scared to try it.  Even when it comes to my mini's I have not put photo's in them because I am too scared to mess them up since I just did not know what I was doing.  Your style and approach to scrapbooking is so relaxed, experimental and fun that it has inspired me to create some layouts which I have not done since I started 3 years ago.  I now look at products in a different way and can't wait to get my hands dirty.  The new passion you have injected into my craft is so wonderful that I am will remain forever grateful.  Thank you, thank you, thank you so much. - Tash Daly

I was so grateful when I read her email. This is really my heart with this art class. To show you that art on a page does not have to be intimidating at all. That making a mistake sometimes can be for the best and yes, even if you mess up, it's only paper. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I love working on white cardstock. I bought 3 packs of 50 sheets heavy weight American Crafts white cardstock at a discount price and for some reason that made it easier for me to just drag a page closer and experiment on it. I have thrown many such sheets in the garbage. It takes practice... but sometimes you just need someone to tell you (and show you) to just go for it! I am your person. and I have got your back! :)

You can read more happy things about the class here and here.

Smiles


Wilna Furstenberg
iheartblog 
 
 

 

5 comments :

Julie H said...

Wilna, I am always so inspired by your pages and love all the cut-files you choose. Thanks so much for sharing!

Ashley Calder said...

Such a beautiful page, Wilna!!

Shay said...

Wilna, your videos and layouts are so very inspiring (I love listening to you on Paperclipping Roundtable when you guest as well). Next up will be buying your class for me. Please continue being you and sharing the bounty of your talents with us all. Many thanks.

dena said...

HI Wilna
I am really interested in taking your art class....however, I don't have tons of art supplies, as in gelatos and stuff..neither do I have a silhouette. Will I still be able to benefit, and enjoy.
Love all your stuff.
Dena

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Dena, you will benefit from the class!! Thank you Wilna for being such an inspiration!!! My whole scrapbooking process and way of thinking changed when I took your class and I'm watching the videos over and over again and I enjoy it everytime more and more and they always make news ideas spark in my head!!! I can't thank you enough! And I'm anxiously waiting for the art class part 2! :) thanks so much for everything!!! Marie :)