Wednesday, June 19, 2013
42 things I have leanred in 42 years about life.
1. Life sucks sometimes. But I am stronger than i thought i am.
2. I love soda (water) and lemon. Having it with a friend is even better.
3. Friends make life worthwhile
4. I would rather have 1 sincere friend than a 100 insincere ones.
5. Giving is better than receiving.
6. If you don't make peace and quite an active pursuit, it will always elude you.
7. Sleep with a clean conscious is the best sleep.
8. Worry brings you no where.
9. Your life dream is closer to who you are than you think.
10. Having an awesome photographer as a friend is a win-win. (all the above pictures are by THE amazing Ms Van Steelandt)
11. Be the person you want your children to be.
12. Speaking your truth is fundamental to who you are and who you become.
13. Do not compromise your truth and what you believe in.
14. Fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
15. We are not raising children, we are raising adults.
16. Teach your children early on that you love them whether they are good or bad
17. Let your child's character get more accolades from you than their achievements.
18. Be honest. Mostly, be honest with yourself.
19. Learn to be alone. Love being by yourself.
20. Listen to classical music. Just because.
21. Nothing says it better than the Afrikaans language. Verseker.
22. Listen to music loud. And yes, dance when no one watches.
23. If you ask why, the answer is ALWAYS "because i love you."
24. You become your predominant thoughts.
25. Coffee makes mornings better.
26. Do not be afraid of emotion. Let it out.
27. When you feel pain, FEEL the pain. Do not numb. Breath through it.
28. A friend you can trust with your life is more worth than all the gold in the world.
29. Be sincere. Do something when it's in your heart. Or not, if it's not in your heart.
30. You simply cannot say "i love you" enough to the people you love.
31. You can never ever overestimate God's grace, love and sacrifice for you.
32. Living a creative life is one of the most rewarding lives you can live.
33. Give the gift of yourself.
34. Read Proverbs often. It's better to learn from understanding than through pain.
35. This too shall pass... the wheel turns... live goes on.
36. Your present will become the past that shows up in your future. What you do with today is crucial.
37. Read Psalm 37. It's awesome. And in the Message translation it's even better.
38. Journal your thoughts and gratitude. Even if it's just a few sentences every day
39. Just keep swimming.
40. Don't wish your children big. It happens all too fast
41. Go after a life of love as if your life depend on it. Because it does.
42. Thank you for reading my blog and lighting a candle for me today.
as a gift to me... tell me one thing that life has taught you.
Smiles, love and a kiss...
written by Wilna Furstenberg