Friday, June 23, 2006

Unforced rhythms of grace...

.






sometimes i just stand amazed at how WONDERFUL God's word is. and i am so THANKFUL that i love it. it's like honey on my mouth. like a drink of water when it's HOT and like sunshine after the rain. it gives me PEACE. shows me the WAY. reminds me that i am so forgiven that there is NOT ONE accusation against me.that i am FORGIVEN, i can sing my song of FREEDOM. it leads me to the rock that is higher than i am. i love to meditate and memorise scriptures. because sometimes, like now i can not sleep and i would lay in my bed and pray them back to God. the most recent one i learned is an old favourite that i just thought i must hammer into my head... Psalm 27:4 ONE thing i have asked of the Lord and THAT will i seek (inquire for and consistently require) that i may dwell in the house of the Lord (and in His presence) all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple. just LOVE it.

it's 3:39am and i am drinking rooibos tea with honey. sometimes it happend that my mind cannot shut down. then i think of all that needs to be done... fax this and look for that contract, email this to so and so. i am glad it's holiday. i just HAVE to make one morning an office morning. (and already i am wishing for a bigger house with an office and a scrapbook room. and speaking of scrapbooking... i got my $500 winners check from CK! so i really-really WON!

ok, one last thought. i have posted this scripture before, but i read it again and loved it so much. it's from the message Bible. Mat 11:28 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Mat 11:29 Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Mat 11:30 Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

My dearest Wilna. Somedays more than others I cannot express what I really want to tell you. Your scriptures are always so timely for our needs. We read our own pieces but then yours come as a confirmation or an encouragement or just something we needed to hear.I find it so amazing that God knows I check your blog everyday and if He has been trying to tell me something which I just don't get, it is on your blog.... God is great and he knows us so intimately that it is sometimes scary (for me anyway)! Have an awesome weekend and a wonderful holiday. Love ya lotsa jellytots. P.S. please put link for header thingies on your blog - I lost my link.

Anonymous said...

you're always so inspirational!