Monday, November 24, 2008

Wonderful weekend.

this weekend we all spent at home. The two big girls had their ballet mock exams on Sunday and In between we painted and moved stuff and I can say with every step our house is becoming more of a home. I love it. Our basement have been a pain to look at for such a long time and this weekend we painted one of the walls a dark grey/green. And we added 5 decorative mirrors. It looks great. It feels cosy and really really homey there now.

The girls decorated the tree for us while they danced to high school musical's sound track. I didn't realize they know all the words. I snapped pictures and Jaku just shook his head, laughing. I know for sure that right now we are having the best time of our lives. I can honestly say that I am at a place where I am enjoying the journey. I am just thankful. I told my girls this weekend that sometimes I am so overwhelmed with love for them, my chest hurts. Imagine how God feels.

I am thinking of this word: Psalm 36: 5-6 God's love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, his verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost; Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks.

I made these pages with templates I created for my Christmas Album. I want to do a 25 days to Christmas album and upload it to shutterfly and print a book to always remind me of this Christmas. We take life so easily for granted. we shouldn't.

Have a beautiful day!
Love and a kiss
Photobucket

6 comments :

Just Call Me Grammy said...

What darling pages. The book is such a good idea. Families grow up so fast and the little every day times are too soon gone. Having them recorded will be something you will treasure.

Jennifer Davis said...

Wilna...consider yourself tagged (I don't usually do these, but this one is special...hope you pass it on!).

http://livelifecreateart.blogspot.com/2008/11/pass-it-on.html

Peace,
Jen

steph said...

What a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing your family traditions:) I too am so thankful for what I have been given. You explained it just perfect when you said your chest hurts. I feel the same way when I think about my husband and daughter and our life together. Enjoy the holidays...and I hope we get a peek at your album/book when it's completed!
-steph

Rhian Claire said...

As always this visit was well worth it - you are always an inspiration to me as a mother, a scrapbooker and a human being as well as a South African making HOME somewhere else! I felt you deserve an award - I know I tagged you recently but I really think MORE people should be benefiting from your amazing BLOG = please accept this home grown SA award and share the love . www.mcgeers.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

such an inspirational post. it just made me realise again how much we have in common. my chest hurts too..... and sometimes i am afraid it might go away when they get to the teenage years.... but then again, i always remind my girls that there will NEVER be anything that they could do that will make that I don't love them anymore. I might be very angry, but nothing can take my love for them away. And yes, imagine how God feels about us. Awesome!
love - ingrid

Ella Swan said...

Wow! What a psalm! Those adjectives are just amazing...You have inpired me to get myself an amplified Bible...It really says it! Great to hear that you are so settled & making a lovely nest over there.