I am almost sick of it! That comes from tasting cookies, icing, and dough for 3 days!! But I had so much fun! And at last I have a quiet morning (listening to this!! it's amazing!!) and catching up on my Christmas journal!
Can I just say that I still love the Christmas Journal pages! I added a video to the Christmas blog explaining how to use the files with photoshop... (for those who just started) Go and check it out!
You can see the pages I have completed HERE.
I want to show you how I "built" the picture on the our anniversary page (see previous post). Tia took the picture of us and we were in such a rush that I didn't light it correctly and the result was a terrible picture. But it was the only picture I had. I was determined to make it work.
1. Pick the picture you want to use and the one you want to use a s a back ground
2. Using the Selection tool brush (shift+A), select the subject you want to cut out (in this case the 2 of us) * Click auto-enhance in the options bar to have Elements assist you with automatically refining your selection by implementing an algorithm. * Drag or paint the area you want to "cut out". * to add to the selection press the shift key while dragging across your unwanted image areas. * To delete from your selection press the alt (option for mac) key while dragging across the unwanted image areas.
3. After you are satisfied with the selection, click COPY. Open a new file with a transparent background and click PASTE.
4. Using the selection tool, drag the image over the background image and VIOLA!
5. I did run a "coffee with cream" action on our photo to lighten it up a little
Then last night I read the most beautiful Psalm in the message Bible. Psalm 138 1-3 Thank you! Everything in me says "Thank you!" Angels listen as I sing my thanks. I kneel in worship facing your holy temple and say it again: "Thank you!" Thank you for your love, thank you for your faithfulness; Most holy is your name, most holy is your Word.The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life large with strength. 4-6 When they hear what you have to say, God, all earth's kings will say "Thank you." They'll sing of what you've done: "How great the glory of God!"And here's why: God, high above, sees far below;no matter the distance, he knows everything about us.
Have a blessed day!
Love and a kiss