Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday again.



This is what we are having for dinner! Oh i love thee Pioneerwoman. Amen. Plus a big greek salad and a lil bit of south african "boerewors". There is a butcher in our town that makes it just for all the South Africans. yum.
One thing that makes me deliriously happy is when we all cook together. Jana helped me with this potato dish and Tia is making the salad. Usually Kirstin sets the dinner table. I love sitting around the table to eat. That's the only way we as a family eat. One thing that blesses my heart is that our kids love it more.
If you visit my blog for real (meaning you dont read it in a reader) then you will see Jamie Oliver's face in my sidebar. HOW COOL IS THAT food revolution? I was totally outraged when I saw the episode on Sunday. totally. I am so passionate to give our kids good food. The whole notion of not cooking meals for our families is downright scary!

So, I dare you to watch Jamie tonight and come and tell me what you think! Let's join the food revolution!!!

Good news today: Faith is the grace to see redemption and all its implication exclusively from God’s point of view!




peace to you!

Photobucket

7 comments :

Just Call Me Grammy said...

I agree with you and Jamie 100% and more about the food. Cooking real food is not that difficult and so much better tasting and better for you. I haven't tried the PW potaoes yet, but everything else of her's is delicious! I think this dish might be added to my Easter dinner menu! Have a nice weekend...Terry

TracieClaiborne said...

I am with you!! I cried while watching Food Revolution tonight. That one woman in the kitchen (Alice?) just amazed me with her attitude! You could see all the overweight children in the cafeteria! We are on a "99% Preservative Free" kick at home and just don't buy the junk anymore and it feels so good to say that!! I am so proud of Jamie Oliver.

Jen Harrison said...

That show outraged me. What has America come to. We need to all sign his petition! I can't believe the kids were having pizza for breakfast. And those kids who would still eat those chicken nuggets after knowing how they are made-YUK. I am disgusted. And not know the names of veggies. Parents ought to be ashamed. I sure hope he can fix the schools across the whole country!

Anonymous said...

Wowee, after reading your post I'm full of energy (which is odd because it's 2am and not really an energy time for me) but now I want to go cook something awesome and invite friends over. *sigh* I'll have to wait until tonight but I wanted to thank you for giving me energy, even though it probably wasn't your intention!
Cheers for the coming week!

limo hire said...

Friday night...food Revolution..night.

Ella Swan said...

I love Jamie's philosophy & cooking too but everytime I put him on he seems to be swearing his head off these days...don't like that...Put a comment on your Class post with a coupla questions. Would love to do the class, just had some reservations about my PSE skills level, etc...

Discount coupons said...

The food revolution was awesome.