Last weekend i made this lovely (amazing and wonderful) desert for friends and i want to share it here... it's from Jamie Oliver's new book 30 minute meals which is one of the most beautiful cook books I have ever seen. It was a gift from my mother-in-law which makes it even more special. On page 121 you can find this desert. You cannot BELIEVE how wonderful it is and how great it tastes. Unbelievable.
For the crust: One pocket puff pastry. You can find it with the crusts in your supermarket and it comes in a box with 2 pockets of puff pastry. I made the recipe double so i used both pockets.
For the filling: (to make 12 like i did, double it) 125ml creme fraise, Zest of one orange, 1 table spoon light brown sugar, one egg, i teaspoon vanilla.
For the sauce: (again, if you are making 12, double it) Juice of one orange, 4 table spoons light brown sugar.
The most difficult part is the crust. (and that's easy) LOL.
1. Roll out one of the pockets of puff pastry about this big
2. Next sprinkle some cinnamon on there and roll it up.
3. Cut the roll up in 6 pieces and place them in a muffin pan.
4. Using your fingers, make the little rolls into nests. The will not be perfect, but that's ok.
Now bake them on for 10 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. (390 F)
5. When they come out, take a teaspoon and open up the nests again...gently.
6. Now make the filling. Mix all the filling ingredients together and pour it into the nests. it's ok if it overflows... but add a little to each nest and then go back till all the filling it gone.
7. Stick it back into the oven for another 10 minutes... while they are baking, make the sauce by whisking the orange juice and sugar till all the sugar is melted and then another minute or so. Be careful as this can be so hot.
8. When the tarts are done baking, they will still be a little wobbly in the middle, so let them stand for about 5 minutes then take them out carefully, place on a plate and drizzle the sauce on top. You will see the delight on the faces as they taste it. These flavors combined to absolute heaven. seriously.
The winner of the little mini album is: Theresa! (you posted at 1:41 pm) please email me your address!!!
love and a kiss