Wednesday, July 15, 2009

creative therapy!

I am so happy to announce that I am now officially a part of the Creative Therapy team (CT)! When Karen asked me, I was immediately drawn to the idea of scrapbooking some really significant topics. I have never been a chronological scrapbooker (meaning that I document events) but more a kairos scrapbooker (meaning I document the moment). How it works is that every week there is a catalyst to make you think and scrapbook. A few of the team will share their pages and there is a guest designer too. You are encouraged to participate and link your pages. Every week one person (that played a long) will win a RAK. How cool is that?

This is my page for this weeks catalyst. Go and check out some more pages and the prompt HERE.

If you click on this page it will open up bigger then you will be able to read the credits. I finished up another digital page today for my next assignment for CT. I totally love it and cant wait to share it!

Today I want to share this wonderful thought with you: James 1: 2Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations. I have often wondered why on earth does God say this? And you know what I have discovered? There is only One thing that makes the enemy really angry and nervous. When you discover your true identity in Christ. The one thing that the devil will do the MOST is contradict your identity. When ever something happens to you that's uncomfortable / sad or bad, you immediately question your identity... did I do something wrong? Do i have sin in my life? This would be the greatest and most challenging test or temptation anyone can face: "to forget what manner of man you are." (James 1:24, Deut.32:18.)
So rest today in the thought that you are Hidden in Him. Now we can understand that we can rejoice when the enemy wants to contradict our identity! That means we are "on" to something! Guard who you are in Christ with your life! See: www.mirrorreflection.net
Talk soon
Photobucket

12 comments :

Unknown said...

That is such a beautiful LO- both artistically and sentimentally! Congrats on your newest endeavor. :) *love

Unknown said...

Beautiful page, Wilna!! I will have to check out that site..sounds like a great inspiration.

~*{ Michelle }*~ said...

Your journaling on the Tall Poppies page is soooo beautiful Wilna! Your page is stunning too! I thought it was real paper scrapping until I opened up the larger view! I've subscribed to the Creative Therapy site looong ago but I've never actually done one of their challenges. Maybe I'll start doing them now :)

caro said...

Ditto on Michelle's comments. Love the pun on poppies !!! AND this is a challenging topic for lots of us aim for higher things for ourselves & our children. (5/23 in K's class). off to read your story. CONGRATS on the CT team. It's an amazing place.

caro said...

PS. The words, and the whole page is STUNNING! Exceptional. Love it. TALL Poppies are wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's awesome, Wilna! Congratulations and I can't wait to see more! =)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the team Wilna!
Your layout is fabulous!

Have a great week!
Hugs!
Dedra

Stay Funny said...

It's such a beautiful layout Wilna! Fresh and Powerful! Love all about it!

Congrats on your new Scrapbooking adventure~!

Christie said...

Wilna, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the beautiful scripture that you quoted today and the words that you wrote with it. Truly spoke to my heart. Thank you for first and foremost being a relflection of Him.

Blessings,
Christie

Anonymous said...

Wilna, this is not the first time you have made me understand things I did not. You are a messenger for me. Thank you so much for this scripture and reflection.
Nancy G.

Kataroo said...

Congrats Wilna!!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say that I miss you! Hope you're having a fun summer!!!